Thursday 14 June 2007

She returns.

Four weeks, four countries, five major cities, three minor cities and lots and lots of food. Some good, some bad, some very very bad, but there were a few highlights worth mentioning and that I plan on happily sharing with you all here. So for those of you who've been nice enough to drop by while I was gone, I thank you for your patience and promise that I will post up stories from my travels very soon along with pictures, of course.

In the meantime, I won't leave you with nothing, I'd like to introduce you to a very talented pastry chef by the name of Blair Fukumura. He is based in Toronto and, though I've not had the good fortune of sampling any of it, I absolutely love his work. It's witty, clever, funny, and doesn't take itself too seriously. However, don't be mistaken, the guy is a master in his art, everything he makes is undeniably impressive and well...awesome. Here is a link to the pilot episode of A Piece of Cake, a show featuring him and what he does best, that was being shopped to the Canadian Food Network. Unfortunately, the network's apparently on the fence about the show, so if you're like me and think it'd make an amazing show then I encourage you to take the time to send them a quick email encouraging them to add it to their lineup next season.

That's all for today, but do drop by again soon as I'll be adding more updates very soon!

No comments: